We are always looking for motivated individuals who have a passion for animals and would love to help guide them toward a future career in the veterinary business. There is no better place to learn than among the PetWell Partners family.
PetWell Partners offers externships throughout the year for students of all skill levels. Our externs can expect hands-on training in the following areas:
- Exam room interactions with clients.
- Physical exams on many patients.
- Review cases with supervising veterinarian.
- Scrub in for surgery when applicable.
- Perform basic surgical procedures (3rd or 4th year students).
- Emergency experience in Houston, Seattle or Northern VA.
- Exotics experience in Northern VA.
- Hone technical skills with our experienced medical support team.
For those students in their pre-clinical years, we offer paid externships over the Winter and Summer breaks. These externships provide a weekly stipend and last for up to 4 weeks.
Students in their clinical years can schedule externships with us at their convenience. We accommodate those students on a first-come, first-serve basis whenever we have availability. On occasion, we will provide travel and housing expense reimbursement.
Applications for the Winter and Summer programs typically start in September and February, respectively.
If you're interested in joining the PetWell Partners family or learning more about our university relations, reach out to us today. We look forward to hearing from you!